When: Saturday, Feb. 21st from 9am – midnight, and Sunday, Feb. 22nd from 7am – 7pm
Where: Venue TBA Soon!
HackOut is the first two-day, LGBT-oriented hackathon presented by StartOut. We are looking for individuals or teams that want to change the way we think by hacking a new demo in one weekend. It’s a great way to meet new friends, other entrepreneurs, investors and incubators. Developers, programmers, coders and geeks of all kind will have access to incredible mentors from leading companies like Facebook, IBM, and more!
Hackathons are an excellent way to merge entrepreneurial spirit with computer programming prowess and product design sensibilities. Students, hackers, programmers, product marketers, and other web enthusiasts can form small teams to create new ventures during the hackathon. Individuals with all levels of experience are welcome to participate, and any viable business idea can form the basis for participants’ hacks.
Student Travel Sponsorships
Limited student travel scholarships are available. Please register for HackOut and then submit a brief email describing your background, entrepreneurial aspirations, and travel needs to email@example.com.
The first place winner will receive a $2,500 cash prize from StartOut.
Cloud Computing Awards
1. $24,000 in Rackspace Cloud credits for a 12-month period for the winning teams.
- $1,000/month for First Place
- $500/month for Second and Third Place
- $250/month for Honorable Mentions
2. Google Cloud Platform is offering developers credit to start building applications on Google App Engine and Google Compute Engine during the hackathon weekend. This is available to every team, but you must register one week before to use the Google Cloud credits during HackOut.
Marketing Consulting Award
The first-place winning team will receive a half-day messaging session focused on refining key messages for their company, which can be leveraged as they secure funding, develop partnerships, grow their customer base and more.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the links below:
Special Thanks to Sponsors: We currently have sponsorship opportunities available. If you would like to inquire more information about sponsorship packages email us at email@example.com.