Saturday, February 21, 2015, starting at 9am through Sunday, February 22, 2015, at 4 pm The hacking period will be a 24-hour block from noon on Saturday straight through to noon on Sunday.
Tech Ranch, 8920 Business Park Drive, Suite 250 (Floor 2), Austin, Texas 787
HackOut is the nation’s premiere LGBT-oriented hackathon presented by StartOut. We are looking for individuals or teams that want to change the way we think by hacking a new demo in an exciting, 24-hour, overnight competition. It’s a great way to meet new friends, other entrepreneurs, investors and incubators. Developers, programmers, coders and geeks of all kinds will have access to incredible mentors from leading companies. StartOut is deeply grateful to its HackOut 2015 sponsors, which include Atlassian, Google, Hirestarter, Jones-Spross, Stripe, and WP Engine. Rackspace is also donating more than $24,000 in cloud computing services to the winning teams. Google Cloud Starter Pack credits will be available to all participants.
Hackathons are excellent ways to merge entrepreneurial spirit with computer programming prowess and product design sensibilities. Students, hackers, programmers, product marketers, and other web enthusiasts can form small teams to create new ventures during the hackathon. Individuals with all levels of experience are welcome to participate, and any viable business idea can form the basis for participants’ projects.
Student Travel Sponsorships
Limited student travel scholarships are available. Please register for HackOut and then submit a brief email describing your background, entrepreneurial aspirations, and travel needs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by 5:00 pm Central, January 31st, 2015.
HOW TO ENTER
- Sign up for HackOut at http://startout.org/events/hackout-austin-2015.
- Limited student travel scholarships are available. Please register for HackOut and then submit a brief email describing your background, entrepreneurial aspirations, and travel needs to email@example.com. Applications are due by 5:00 pm Central, January 31, 2015.
- Register for a free account on Challenge Post (http://hackout2015.
- Construct your demo according to the rules below and complete your submission on Challenge Post by 12:00 pm CST on Sunday, February 22, 2015.
- Participants: Individuals (15 years in age or older) and teams of up to five (5) people
- Countries: Any
- Categories are not limited to specific target areas. Any viable business idea or non-profit idea is welcome.
- What to create: functioning software application; demonstration video; screenshots
- Platforms: iOS; Mobile Web; Web; Mac Desktop; Windows Desktop
- Technical Difficulty
- Commercial Viability