Name of employer: StartOut
Job title: Senior Director of Outreach, Programs & Partnerships
Job location: Four Embarcadero Center, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94111
The petitioner is a nonprofit organization offering community outreach, education, networking, mentorship & access to capital, in order to foster entrepreneurs and great business leaders in the LGBTQ community. This is an in-house position with the following specific accountabilities:
- Manage the staff involved in running the programs (including the event coordinate & the managers of marketing, programs, & community engagement), exercising responsibility for performance evaluation & salary, hiring & firing decisions.
- Manage outreach & relationships with programs’ key partners & stakeholders, which includes NETWORQ Community Partners (nonprofit organizations, chambers of commerce, etc.), & investor partners (angel investors, venture capital (VC) firms, accelerators, etc.).
- Lead business development efforts to find new mentors & community partners.
- Lead business development efforts by making pitches to prospective new investors who can provide customized deal flow for pre-seed to Series B investment opportunities, for deals with up to $10 million requested per specific round.
- Establish & implement goals, administrative procedures, & key performance indicators (KPIs) for each program per the strategic objectives set by the board of directors &/or the executive director.
- Monitor programs’ performance according to the organizations KPIs for each program, & report to management with updates & proposed improvements.
- Establish policies regarding participant eligibility for programs, program requirements & program benefits.
- Ensure that programs’ operations & activities adhere to regulations & internal policies.
- Establish & manage programs’ budgets of $200,000 or more each & monitor compliance to budget parameters.
- Manage the employers programs for LGBTQ entrepreneurs, including:
- Mentorship Program: engage in network outreach to recruit mentors, assess mentees, & manage IT processes (including data mining & data management) required to run this program.
- Investor Portal: assess & recruit angel & venture investors through outreach within networks.
- NETWORQ: recruit new partner organizations & maintain existing relationships.
- Experts’ Office Hours: maintain expert relationships through use of the virtual office hours via phone & video calls.
- The StartOut Growth Lab Accelerator: coordinate all activities of the entrepreneur in residence & support staff with program managers.
Minimum hiring requirements:
Bachelor’s, or equivalent foreign degree, in management, business, finance or a related major, plus 5 post-degree years of progressive experience in the management of non-profit entrepreneurial ventures requiring use of business accelerators.
Record of prior achievement in the following areas:
-setting up & monitoring accelerator programs
-implementing communication strategy for accelerator programs
-setting up & monitoring mentorship programs
-matching entrepreneurs with mentors
-developing relationships with individual & institutional investors & providing customized deal flow for pre-seed to series B investment opportunities
-evaluating startups & investment pitches with up to $10 million requested per specific round -negotiating partnership contracts with community organizations & corporate partners
-supervising & monitoring subordinate employees, partner organizations & other stakeholders -setting up & monitoring data capture to evaluate & improve company KPIs
-communicating high level goals & performance to the Board of Directors
-managing budgets of $200k/year or more
Proficient use of the following tools & procedures: data mining & data management Additional information:
Must be willing to comply with the requirement to travel in the U.S. up to 20% of work hours, involving overnight stays.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Salary: 90,000 – 125,000/year
Mail cover letter and CV to: StartOut HR, Four Embarcadero Center, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94111. No phone calls or emails.