Five-month program provides entrepreneurs with access to tools and resources needed for long-term success
NEW YORK — Today, StartOut and J.P. Morgan welcomed the newest cohort of ten innovative companies to the StartOut Growth Lab Accelerator. The five-month long program provides LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs with networking, mentorship and education to support business growth and ensure equitable access to the resources and tools needed to compete in today’s business world.
Since 2017, sixty-six early-stage companies have participated in Growth Lab, raising more than $763 million in funding and creating more than 3,650 new jobs. The incoming cohort of companies encompasses a wide range of industries from sustainability to tech and healthcare, and spans across the United States, Canada and Mexico. As the co-lead sponsor of Growth Lab, J.P. Morgan provides the cohort with access to the firm’s network of global experts and resources.
“I am always struck by the level of innovation, determination and leadership that Growth Lab entrepreneurs bring to the table and can’t wait to see all that Cohort 12 will accomplish,” said David Barbee, Head of LGBTQ+ Initiatives, J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking. “These businesses are key players in our economy, creating jobs and developing unique products and services to support local communities. We are energized and excited to kick off this new cohort.”
The companies selected to join Cohort 12 are:
- Applied Bioplastics (Austin, TX): Supplies economically sustainable plant-based plastic alternatives for a variety of items across household, automotive, appliance, electronic and outdoor equipment industries.
- Hadley (West Hollywood, CA): Allows individuals to contribute to others’ 529 education savings accounts via an all-in-one app.
- INSID3RS (Los Angeles, CA): Offers an all-access decentralized ticketing platform for immersive audience engagement.
- JOBGRAZE (Tampa, FL): Provides a healthcare staffing marketplace and hiring platform for nurses and physicians in the U.S. and overseas.
- Mazzy Health (Dallas, TX): Provides a mental health platform for teens and young adults, including teletherapy, academic coaching, parent updates, and live and on-demand events and resources.
- Moss Amigos (San Jose, CA): Cultivates uniquely designed moss plants, accessible to any consumer, with or without a green thumb.
- Motivo Scar Care (Long Branch, NJ): Creates inclusive, performance proof and water-resistant scar tape and topicals to heal and fade scars.
- Orgmatch (Vancouver, Canada): Matches funders and non-profits with the goal of increasing the speed and equity of accessing and deploying funding in the nonprofit sector.
- SARELLY SARELLY (Mexico City, Mexico): Provides an environment to help Hispanic Gen Z shoppers and trendsetters access luxury products and services.
- WRKiiT (Oakland, CA): Aims to empower fitness instructors by providing a supportive platform for self-development, business growth and community building.
“While each company in Cohort 12 is tackling a unique challenge, they all share a common passion for breaking barriers and supporting wellness and equity in their communities,” said Brian Richardson, CEO of StartOut. “We are excited to once again work with the team at J.P. Morgan to provide mentorship and guidance to our entrepreneurs. We are honored to play a role in their exciting business journeys.”
To learn more about the StartOut Growth Lab, including details on the application process for the next cohort, visit: startout.org/growth-lab
For more information on the financial solutions available to guide business growth, visit: jpmorgan.com/commercial-banking
Learn more about JPMorgan Chase’s commitment to the LGBTQ+ community at jpmorganchase.com/lgbtq
Founded in 2009, StartOut, a national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is the largest national organization to support LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs with over 21K members nationwide. Its mission is to accelerate the growth of the LGBTQ+ community to drive its economic empowerment, building a world where every LGBTQ+ entrepreneur has equal access to lead, succeed, and shape the workforce of the future. StartOut helps aspiring LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs start new companies; supports current entrepreneurs as they grow and expand their existing businesses; and engages successful entrepreneurs as role models and mentors, on its online portal and through targeted events nationwide. For more information, please visit www.startout.org.
About JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banking
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading financial services firm based in the United States of America (“U.S.”), with operations worldwide. JPMorgan Chase had $3.9 trillion in assets and $313 billion in stockholders’ equity as of June 30, 2023. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. Under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands, the Firm serves millions of customers in the U.S., and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients globally. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.